Click Here to Print: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 fire roasted red peppers from a jar
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from ½ a lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil – for desired consistency
- Combine all ingredients (except olive oil) in a food processor.
- Process until smooth, adding olive oil for desired consistency.
- Serve with pita bread, veggies, &/or pita chips – Click here for a recipe to make your own!
Here are some ideas to get your “kid cook” involved with this recipe:
- Have him add the ingredients to the food processor.
- He can squeeze the lemon in. TIP: Cutting the lemon into smaller wedges makes it easier for little hands to handle.
- He can push the processor buttons!
This recipe is modified from: Call Me Fudge