Click Here to Print: Ham & Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin
This is hardly a recipe. It’s pretty much a grilled cheese. However, I can’t take credit for putting these together – I found the “recipe” on the Land-o-Lakes website via Pinterest.
Anyway, I thought I’d share cause it’s DE-licious!
It’s great for a quick and easy dinner, but could work for breakfast, too. Oddly enough, I think it’s best reheated.
- softened butter
- cinnamon raisin bread
- sliced ham – I like honey ham.
- sliced cheese – I like American or cheddar.
- Heat a griddle pan. TIP: Careful it’s not too hot or the bread will brown before the insides are warmed through!
- Butter a slice of the bread and put it on the pan, butter side down.
- Add ham on top, then cheese on top of that.
- Top with another buttered slice of bread, butter side up.
- Flip when toasted to your liking and toast the other side to your liking as well.
Ideas to get your kid cook involved:
- Have him butter the bread.
- Ask him what else he thinks would taste good with cinnamon and raisin. Of course there are the obvious answers (cookies and oatmeal) but you might be surprised by what your kid cook comes up with!