Click Here to Print: Baked Oatmeal for Ninjas
You might be wondering why this baked oatmeal is for ninjas. Well, there are two reasons.
One, a ninja made it as evidenced here:
And two, this breakfast will stealthily find its way into mornings of your future. In other words, it’s perfect to make on Sunday, eat some, and pack the rest up for breakfasts throughout the week.
Even if you eat breakfast at home, this makes delicious, homemade oatmeal as easy as cereal and let’s face it, oatmeal is yummier (especially when it’s cold out), and better for you.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c applesauce – try homemade!
- 1 c milk
- 3 c quick oats
- 1 t salt
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 c blueberries
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, applesauce, and milk.
- Stir in oats, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and pecans on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Here are some ideas to get your “kid cook” involved with this recipe:
- Have him do all the mixing. “Poking the eggs” is a favorite in our house.
- He can sprinkle the cinnamon and nuts on top.
This recipe is modified from one found here: MeLady Cooks